Annature provides on-demand electronic signature service, which includes the ability to upload, display, deliver, receive, and acknowledge documents for electronic signature. As part of our Services, users want us to collect and record information that helps the parties prove the validity of the transactions. This information includes the persons who are involved in the transactions and the devices those persons use.
1. Information we collect
When registering for or using the Services we collect person information provided by you. For example, when you create an Annature account, you may provide us with your name, email address, your mobile number, your address and an electronic image of your signature.
You may provide us with personal information about other individuals when you use our Services, such as when you send or receive an envelope, share information about such envelopess, or ask others to electronically sign documents.
We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like sharing, editing, viewing, creating, and signing documents). We use this information to provide, improve, and promote our Services, and to protect Annature users. We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes data such as IP addresses, unique personal identifiers or online identifiers, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our websites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (determined by their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
We may share and/or collect additional information about you from third parties primarily to assist us in understanding how we can maintain and improve the services. We collect information like your purchasing or consuming history or tendencies, including products or services purchased, obtained or considered (“Commercial information”). For example:
- We use several Google advertising features including Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and Remarketing. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show Annature's ads on sites across the Internet. You may opt out at any time by visiting https://adssettings.google.com/. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our websites.
- We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the application.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose for which you have engaged Annature. When you use our Services, we process and store certain information on your behalf as a data processor. For example, when a customer uploads documents for the purpose of collecting a digital signature, we act as a data processor and process information on the customer's behalf and in accordance with the customer's instructions. In this situation, the customer is the data controller and is responsible for most aspects of the processing of the information. Annature acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Annature has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data should direct their questions to Annature's customers (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any questions or concerns about how information is processed in these cases, including how to exercise your rights as a data subject, we recommend contacting the relevant customer.
2. How we use your information
We may use the information we collect through our products for a number of reasons, including to:
- Provide you with the Services and products you request and collect payments
- Send you records of our relationship, including for purchases or other events
- Record details about what happens with electronic documents, such as who viewed or signed, the devices used and when these events occur
- Fix problems you may have with our Services, including answering support questions and resolving disputes
We may also combine the information we collect (or that is otherwise provided to us) through aggregation and other means to limit the identification of any particular individual to help with our business goals (such as research and marketing).
We normally collect or use personal information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use personal information to create and manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant Services.
- Gather and record data associated with use of a digital certificate or digital signature, it is to comply with regulations.
- Use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (with you can withdraw at any time).
- Gather usage data and analyse it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
3. How we may share your information
We do not sell your information. We may share your personally indentifiable information as described below:
- We may share your information with third parties we use for the business purpose of helping us to provide and support our Services. These parties provide services such as authentication, billing and collections, customer support, or data storage. We enter into legally binding agreements with these third-party service providers that protect your personal information and forbids such providers from using your information for their own purposes. These third parties will access your information to perform tasks on our behalf.
- Our Services display information like your name, email address, business information and contact mobile number to other users you collaborate or choose to share with.
- To other persons with your consent.
4. Retention of information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. How we protect your information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your choices about your information
Upon your written request (for which email is sufficient), Annature will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting it, the types of sources we got it from and types of third parties we’ve shared it with. You may submit a data access request, request that your personal data be deleted, or object to the processing of your personal information by logging into your account, or by contacting us using the contact details below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
7. Children's privacy
This site and our Services are not intended for use by or directed to minors. We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. Any person who provides their information to Annature through the Account Login page for new customers, Signup Page, or any other part of the Annature Site represents to Annature that they are of legal age (18 years of age or older or otherwise of legal age in your resident jurisdiction) and competent to agree to these Terms. We will delete any information we discover is collected from a minor without permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Please contact us using the contact details below if you believe you may have provided Annature with a minor’s information without permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
8. Changes to this policy
9. How to contact us
For questions or concerns regarding the collection, use, or disclosure of your information, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.